10 ways you can join in with WORLD BOOK DAY SOCIAL
Here’s how you can take part in WORLD BOOK DAY SOCIAL, our fun, online festival for young people taking place on Wednesday 4th & Thursday 5th March:
- Host a Reading is Power assembly to discuss how books can empower and inspire you,
- Join in with our exclusive real-time readalongs of the £1 books, Split by Muhammad Khan and The Kissing Booth: Road Trip! by Beth Reekles on Instagram taking place after-dark on both nights – don’t worry if you miss them as you can create your own real-time readalong using the questions and guidelines,
- Follow the worldbookdaysocial Instagram account throughout the festival for author shelfies, day in the life author stories and more,
- Listen to the Reading is Power podcasts featuring top teen authors,
- Check out The Power List full of empowering books for your TBR pile,
- Read the Reading is Power Manifesto created by young people, for young people and come up with your own,
- Watch our Author & Illustrator Masterclasses for top writing tips from bestselling authors including Malorie Blackman & Patrice Lawrence, Matthew Syed and Holly Smale,
- Read our exclusive blogs written by guest authors on topics including the importance of funny books for teens, reading around the climate disaster and the best romances in YA,
- Create your own playlist for a book or to listen to when writing using our authors’ playlists as inspiration,
- Discuss and share a book that has empowered you in class and online using #ReadingIsPower – we’d love to hear what everyone’s Power Books are!
Enjoy the festival!